The Sky is Falling: Do Immigrants Share American Values?
“It is not a good thing. The immigrants do not share American values, so it is a good bet that they will not be voting Republican when they start voting in large numbers.
The NY Times liberals seek to destroy the American family of the 1950s, as symbolized by Ozzie and Harriet. The TV characters were happy, self-sufficient, autonomous, law-abiding, honorable, patriotic, hard-working, and otherwise embodied qualities that made America great. In other words, the show promoted values that NY Times liberals despise.
Instead, the USA is being transformed by immigrants who do not share those values, and who have high rates of illiteracy, illegitimacy, and gang crime, and they will vote Democrat when the Democrats promise them more food stamps.”
The Eagle Forum Blog…
This was written in response to the New York Times report that for the first time since the beginning of colonization births from non-european ancestry parents have exceeded those whose ancestry is european.
The Eagle Forum is run by Phyllis Schafly. It opposes feminism and equal rights for women, promotes a pro-life, anti-gay, anti-sex education, and anti-vaccination agenda that has contributed to the current wave of social conservative extremism in the Republican Party.
I am concerned about the racism implicit in a news organization like the “Times” dividing up American children by the color of their skin and the absurdity of using the government’s sociopolitical classification system of so-called races and ethnicities without pointing out that these are political classifications and have often been used by racists to divide us. It would please me more if the news media, especially one as prestigious as the NY Times would be as willing to point out that these classifications are to a great extent political and divisive as they are willing to point out that something like Climate Change is scientifically controversial.
That bit of editorializing aside, the far right never ceases to amaze me at the level of their sheer mendacity and ignorance.
Repeat after me: We are all descended from Immigrants. Children Born in this Country are not Immigrants, they are Citizens.
Trenz Pruca says, you must be a republican if you believe that:
Races exist but racism does not.
Environmental regulation diminishes our freedom, but racial profiling does not.
The illegal alien who risked everything to better himself economically by coming to america is a criminal, but the bankers and investors on wall street that gambled away your pension funds and put your jobs at risk are not.
That your ancestors who arrived in America before exclusionary immigration laws were passed were welcome contributors to the American nation, but those arriving after those laws were passed are not.
The Constitution of the United States created a Christian Nation but the First Amendment was a mistake.
God wrote Leviticus but Jesus did not preach the Sermon on the Mount.
And just a little bit of Snark with which to finish off this post:
In Australia, a nation of 23 million people living in a country larger in area than the US with its 300 million people, a majority of the descendants of immigrants believe that the country is over-populated and that future immigration should be restricted more than it is now and that any of the select few immigrants allowed (generally rich people) should have to speak “Strain” (unless of course they are very rich).
The original aboriginal settlers on the continent agreed and encouraged the new immigrants leave also. The new immigrants, however, refused to move. “Where will we go,” they cried? “Back to England? We would have to learn the language.”
- Roger Schlafly Clutches His Pearls and Gasps at The Decline in White Births (crooksandliars.com)
- Top Right-Wing Group: Minority Births Are ‘Not A Good Thing’ Because They ‘Don’t Share American Values’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Top Right-Wing Group: Minority Births Are ‘Not A Good Thing’ Because They ‘Don’t Share American Values’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Conservative Group Authors Xenophobic Bill in Tennessee To Limit Foreign Teachers (thinkprogress.org)
- Your morning post of concentrated wingnuttery (firedoglake.com)
- Catholic Bishops: Republican Budget Is Immoral (alan.com)
- Kings and Things (trenzpruca.wordpress.com)
- Newt Gingrich brought a sort of filth to Washington. And he left it there. And he moved on. (maureenholland.wordpress.com)
- Rep. Steve King: Assimilate Immigrants, but Only the ‘Pick of the Litter’ (themoderatevoice.com)
- Mayor Bloomberg: Immigration May Be Only Solution For Crumbling Cities (wnyc.org)